SPLICE Releases Data-Driven Voice Apps for Alexa Skills
Staff Writer | June 19, 2017
SPLICE Software, which specializes in using Big Data and artificial intelligence to drive customer engagement, announces the release of new data-driven voice applications for Alexa Skills-enabled devices such as Echo and Echo Dot. The company is developing applications for Google Home that will be released soon.
Built on existing APIs for simple deployment, these applications allow insurance, retail, and finance companies to engage in automated communication with customers where they live—in their homes.
Voice-activated, data-driven apps from third-party developers are a fast-growing feature set for popular artificial intelligence assistant devices like Echo. Alexa Skills can be added to the devices similarly to how apps are downloaded to smartphones to expand the functionality. SPLICE Software's Alexa Skills let customers ask about deliveries, appointments, service completion times, and more, giving insurance, retail and finance companies a new way to communicate with customers in their homes.
"People are embracing voice-activated AI assistants like Echo, and companies that want to be where their customers are will need to be able to communicate through these platforms," says Tara Kelly, SPLICE Software president and CEO. "It seemed futuristic 10 years ago, but people are increasingly asking Alexa and Google questions out loud rather than typing queries into devices, and a presence on voice-activated, data-driven AI platforms will soon be as necessary for companies as a website was a generation ago."
SPLICE Software's data-driven voice apps have a broad range of uses that make automated communication on an AI assistant easier for companies and customers. For example, an insurance company customer can ask Alexa about the status of a rental car while vehicle repairs are underway. A furniture store customer can ask about a delivery or whether an ordered item is in stock. A credit union customer can ask about an upcoming appointment and request that an appointment be rescheduled.
Amazon has sold millions of Echo and Echo Dot devices and reports the AI assistants were bestsellers during the holidays, and there are now more than 10,000 Alexa Skills available. But users don't need an Echo or Dot to use Alexa Skills; many connected devices are Alexa-enabled. Samsung recently announced that two-way speakers in the company's smart TVs are Alexa Skills-enabled, meaning customers can communicate with companies that use SPLICE Software's data-driven Alexa Skills via compatible TVs.
SPLICE Software's patented SPLICE Dialog Suite enables the creation of personalized, automated messages for customers, integrating data from multiple sources with scripted dialogues and customer analytics. Any existing data-driven dialogues currently used by insurance, retail or finance companies to deliver human voice communication via SPLICE are fully compatible with the new Alexa Skills and will soon be available on Google Home, expanding customer outreach to a new platform.
Using proprietary technology, SPLICE integrates and applies data to allow companies to connect with customers across multiple platforms, including voice, text, social media and email. Learn more about SPLICE Software at www.splicesoftware.com.
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Appointment of Wendy Aarons-Corman as CEO of OWIT Global
- 360Globalnet Connecting with Insurer Community as AAIS Associate Partner
- Agero Names George Horvat as Chief Operations Officer
- FRISS Joins Duck Creek Partner Ecosystem to Provide Risk and Fraud Detection Solutions to Property & Casualty Insurers Worldwide
- Nationwide Announces New Tech Partnership to Improve Safety for Long-Haul Truck Drivers
- Global Investments in Insurtech: Digitalization Taking Hold
- Lucens Group Announces Corporate Name Change to Claimify to Reflect Commitment to its Software Platform
- The Co-operators Drives Innovative Claims Process with Guidewire InsurancePlatform Cloud-Based Predictive Analytics System
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE