Sapiens Acquires Decision Management Consultancy
Staff Writer | August 05, 2014
Sapiens International Corp., announces the acquisition of Knowledge Partners International (KPI), a decision management consultancy, services, and training company. Sapiens’ investment in KPI reflects the company’s recognition that decision management is gaining adoption across the financial services industry.
Effective decision management enables enterprises to improve strategic agility, operational effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance with regulatory and corporate policy. KPI’s domain expertise, together with its patent rights to The Decision Model will enable Sapiens to enhance the Sapiens DECISION solution, resulting in an end-to-end enterprise offering.
Gathering technology, consultancy and training services under a common corporate umbrella will allow Sapiens to define, increase awareness, and grow the decision management market – establishing Sapiens as a leading solution provider in the enterprise decision management space. The expertise and experience of KPI founders and managing partners, Larry Goldberg and Barbara von Halle combined with Sapiens’ ability to develop and deploy enterprise-scale technology solutions, will position Sapiens as a decision management innovator ready to expand its portfolio of top tier financial services companies in this fast-growing field.
“We have enjoyed a long and successful working relationship with KPI, and we came to realize that by bringing our two organizations together we could really shake up, redefine, grow, and lead the enterprise decision management market,” said Rami Doron, Sapiens’ managing director, DECISION. “Our plan is to make the best use of the tremendous value KPI brings to Sapiens by leveraging and integrating every aspect of the KPI business into our decision management practice.”
The Sapiens decision management technology portfolio now includes:
- Sapiens DECISION, an enterprise-scale decision management technology designed and developed using The Decision Model as its foundation
- KPI’s STEP and QuickSTEP consulting programs, which integrate Agile methods of business process modeling, decision modeling and business rule mining into a comprehensive business requirements management approach
- An established and highly-respected consulting and educational practice to offer training, knowledge transfer, mentorship and certification to support enterprises in developing their own centers of excellence in Agile decision, process and requirements management
“Our partnership with Sapiens enabled us to bring the full benefit of decision management to many leading global organizations,” says Larry Goldberg, managing partner of KPI. “Barbara and I believe that tightly integrating KPI’s Agile methods and innovative thinking with Sapiens’ peerless technology skills will increase the global rate of adoption of decision management, bringing great value to enterprises, their customers and stakeholders.”
“Acquisitions of high quality and innovative organizations, such as KPI, are key to our success. The KPI acquisition will not impact this year’s financial results, but we expect to gain momentum in the market starting next year,” says Roni Al-Dor, president and CEO of Sapiens International. “We want to identify and take full advantage of new opportunities in the insurance and financial services markets, such as enterprise decision management, so we can provide added value that will help organizations streamline their businesses.”
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Lucens Group Announces Corporate Name Change to Claimify to Reflect Commitment to its Software Platform
- The Co-operators Drives Innovative Claims Process with Guidewire InsurancePlatform Cloud-Based Predictive Analytics System
- Insurance Technologies Releases FireLight® e-Delivery to Seamlessly Automate the Delivery of All Insurance and Retirement Policies and Documents
- Global IQX API Unleashes Wealth of Data for Employee Benefits Insurers
- Survey: Millennial business owners most likely generation to work with insurance agents
- Duck Creek Technologies Reports 85% Bookings Growth and 30% Revenue Growth in SaaS-Delivered Enterprise Software Solutions for Fiscal Year 2018
- Optimum General Selects Guidewire InsurancePlatform for Core Operations
- Blue Cod Technologies Announces Corporate Name Change to Activer Solutions
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE