Sapiens Acquires North American P&C Solution Provider Adaptik
Staff Writer | February 07, 2018
Sapiens International Corporation, (NASDAQ and TASE: SPNS), a leading global provider of software solutions for the insurance industry, with a growing presence in the financial services sector, announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Adaptik. This acquisition will enable Sapiens to provide North American property and casualty (P&C) carriers with an enhanced platform, which will improve Sapiens’ competitive position and enable it to increase its market share in the North American insurance market.
Pennsylvania-based firm Adaptik offers P&C insurers policy administration and billing capabilities,
for commercial, personal, specialty and workers’ compensation lines of business.
“We see this acquisition as a major step in Sapiens’ North American strategy and market positioning,” said Karlyn Carnahan, head of the Americas, Property Casualty, Celent. “By bringing together the strengths of the Adaptik and StoneRiver products, Sapiens is able to offer a strong portfolio of solutions that is well-tuned for the North American market. The additional resources provided by Sapiens will strengthen their competitive marketplace position and allow them to continue to add key capabilities as their clients focus on expanding their digital strategies.”
Roni Al-Dor, Sapiens president and CEO said, “The acquisition of Adaptik creates synergy with Sapiens’ strong current capabilities. It will enable us to offer a truly modern, comprehensive property and casualty digital insurance platform. This platform will be formed by combining three powerful core components: Adaptik Policy, Adaptik Billing and Stream® Claims, accompanied by Sapiens’ existing solutions for data and analytics, digital engagement and distribution, and cloud operation.
“We continue to expand in the North American insurance space, a key market for Sapiens’ planned growth. To service lower-tier insurance carriers, we acquired Maximum Processing and its Stingray system, followed by the acquisition of StoneRiver, Inc. in early 2017, for the mid- to upper-tiers,” added Al-Dor. “Now, enhanced by the Adaptik acquisition, those transactions enabled Sapiens to establish a stronger presence in the U.S., while extending our reach with capabilities that are specifically fit to market across the life and annuities (L&A) and P&C markets.
“As part of the Sapiens organization, the Adaptik team and clients will have access to extensive resources and a global network of relationships,” said John Pettit, Adaptik’s co-founder and CEO. “By incorporating our solutions as part of a leading software platform, our policy administration and billing capabilities will be future-proofed and fully integrated. We look forward to transitioning into the Sapiens organization as seamlessly as possible to ensure uninterrupted service for our customers.”
“In addition to its product portfolio, Adaptik’s established, in-production customer base, along with its experienced and talented team, made for an attractive proposition for Sapiens,” continued Al-Dor. “P&C providers seeking flexible product configuration will be well-served by our newly constituted P&C platform, offered as a single suite, or as standalone components. Carriers can also choose between a full cloud-based deployment, or the traditional on-premise option. This flexibility will enable carriers to best satisfy their specific financial and operational needs.”
Highlights of the Sapiens’ P&C platform for North America include:
- Pre-defined insurance products and business content
- An insurance data repository and advanced analytics solutions, with initiatives around advanced data management and predictive analytics
- A digital engagement platform, featuring portal, mobile and customer engagement tools
- An insurtech ecosystem with rapid integration capabilities, including pre-integration to leading technologies, such as personalized video, chatbots, artificial intelligence and machine learning-based services
- Open API architecture, with easy and configuration-based integration
- Cloud and software-as-a-service as an emerging and strategic deployment approach
- A robust reinsurance solution
Adaptik Policy is used by agents, underwriters and customers to quote, issue and administer policies. It includes built in integration with third-party systems and provides comprehensive policy lifecycle support for all P&C lines of business. Adaptik Billing enables P&C carriers to integrate with third-party systems and data repositories, enjoy best-in-class usability and automate processes throughout the billing lifecycle. These offerings improve policy administration and billing for commercial, personal and specialty lines of business. StoneRiver Stream® Claims is an underlying platform that prepares P&C carriers to adapt to new business requirements, while streamlining end-to-end claims processing for all personal and commercial lines.
Adaptik’s expected non-GAAP full year 2017 revenues were $12 million. Sapiens expects this transaction to be accretive to earnings starting in 2019. Sapiens will pay an aggregate cash consideration of between $19.5 million and $22 million, subject to retention and performance.
The transaction is expected to be completed in early March 2018. Upon completion, Adaptik will become wholly owned by Sapiens.
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Lucens Group Announces Corporate Name Change to Claimify to Reflect Commitment to its Software Platform
- The Co-operators Drives Innovative Claims Process with Guidewire InsurancePlatform Cloud-Based Predictive Analytics System
- Insurance Technologies Releases FireLight® e-Delivery to Seamlessly Automate the Delivery of All Insurance and Retirement Policies and Documents
- Global IQX API Unleashes Wealth of Data for Employee Benefits Insurers
- Survey: Millennial business owners most likely generation to work with insurance agents
- Duck Creek Technologies Reports 85% Bookings Growth and 30% Revenue Growth in SaaS-Delivered Enterprise Software Solutions for Fiscal Year 2018
- Optimum General Selects Guidewire InsurancePlatform for Core Operations
- Blue Cod Technologies Announces Corporate Name Change to Activer Solutions
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE