Seibels Chooses Guidewire Platform to Help Grow BPO Business
Staff Writer | October 21, 2016
The Seibels Bruce Group and Guidewire Software, Inc. announce that Seibels has expanded its relationship with the selection of additional Guidewire core operations, data and analytics, and digital engagement products. Seibels is implementing these products for its current Property & Casualty lines of business in all states in which it operates, and plans to implement these products for its future workers’ compensation lines of business. Seibels will also use the Guidewire platform to power the products it offers its BPO customers.
By standardizing its offerings on Guidewire’s modern software technology platform, Seibels is able to strengthen its position in the marketplace as an insurance services provider of BPO solutions. This foundation will enable Seibels to:
- Provide customer service by offering clients access to technology powered by Guidewire;
- Bring new products and product enhancements to market more quickly;
- Provide enhanced data and analytics to better understand results and drive business decisions;
- Provide a full featured multimedia agency portal; and
- Provide unmatched self-service capability to customers and their agents and policyholders.
To meet its objectives, Seibels selected Guidewire PolicyCenter as its new underwriting, rating, and policy administration system and Guidewire BillingCenter to manage its billing operations, including agency and direct bill and commission calculations. These products will replace the company’s internally-developed policy administration and billing management systems. With these selections, Seibels will be able to expand its BPO offering to provide the benefits of Guidewire InsuranceSuite to its customers.
Seibels selected Guidewire DataHub and InfoCenter as its new data warehouse and business intelligence solutions, and Guidewire Gateway Portal for Agents to provide agents with more self-service functionality and greater collaboration capabilities. The company also selected Smart Communications for customer communications management. Guidewire PartnerConnect Consulting member Cynosure, a global consulting firm specializing in the implementation of Guidewire InsurancePlatform products, will lead the implementation.
“Guidewire’s long-term commitment to its products was attractive to us,” says Nan Brunson, vice president of business development, sales and marketing. “Selecting these additional Guidewire products will provide us with improved growth opportunities and increased functionality, credibility, and reliability.”
Dallas Covington, vice president of project management office for Seibels, says, “Together, ClaimCenter, PolicyCenter, and BillingCenter provide the core system foundation on which Seibels will be able to grow our business efficiently and provide innovative, best-in-class products to our customers.”
“We are honored that Seibels has entrusted us with their Guidewire product implementations,” says Anupam Mittra, senior director and co-founder, Cynosure. “We look forward to helping them transform their business and succeed in the rapidly-changing insurance market.”
“We appreciate Seibels’ vote of confidence in Guidewire InsurancePlatform and all it offers,” says Ken Shapiro, group vice president, Americas sales for Guidewire. “Seibels is well positioned to become an agile, efficient, and technologically advanced solution partner for their customers and we are excited to be a key part of their BPO offering.”
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- 2019 Global Insurance Accelerator Cohort Reflects Evolution of InsurTech
- Nearly 50% of US Insurers Are Enhancing Security Capabilities Across the Board, Says Novarica
- Xchange Benefits Acquires the Assets of J. Allan Hall & Associates, Inc.
- HazardHub Celebrates 2018
- Slice Launch Studio
- Crawford Technologies Experiences its Strongest Year of Sales and Growth
- InsureTech Company Accurence Secures Fourth Patent
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE