Solartis Unveils Sandbox Sites for Insurance Technology Developers
Staff Writer | June 13, 2017
Solartis announces it is unveiling a first of its kind for insurance business and technology teams, no-cost business analyst, developer, and user experience sandboxes to assess Solartis Sales and Policy life cycle micro web services and try out ISO and non-ISO lines of business, and example user interfaces.
Solartis sales and policy life cycle web services and the company’s library of ISO Electronic Rating Content (ERC) revolutionizes policy administration technology projects as they shorten time to market; ensure loss cost, rule, and form accuracy; and minimize project risks because the web services, ISO rating content selections are pretested and readily available.
"Evaluating and selecting technology for consumer portals, agent policy issuance systems and full-blown carrier underwriting systems can be expensive, time consuming, and risky,” says Carol Mowry McKenzie, vice president, sales and marketing for Solartis. “With the Solartis Insure sandbox sites, we eliminate all that. Insurance technology and business teams can assess our sales and policy life cycle APIs, our library of ISO ERC, and examples of user interfaces, all without any sales pressure or commitment."
"As an insurtech company based by the beach in California, we love to play in the sand." says Nick Richardson, Solartis president and CEO. "We offer a no-risk way to try out our capabilities in three Solartis sandboxes. Our goal is to help accelerate the change to a fully digital insurance world."
All three Solartis sandboxes provide access to the Solartis Insure Sales and Policy lifecycle services, a library of ISO ERC, and example carrier products to test.
- Developer Sandbox – Developers download a .Net / Java code snippet to get access to Solartis Insure Sales and Policy life cycle Web Services in their development environment through our APIs.
- Business Analyst Sandbox – Insurance business analysts can try the Solartis Rating web service using the company’s JSON test harness. This sandbox features a product selection step from a library of ISO rating content and other insurance products; with a defaulted set of inputs that the business analyst can change. The JSON response contains the premium breakdown, forms list, statistical coding and the input values.
- User Experience Sandbox - User experience professionals can try different examples of sales and policy administration implementations to quote, propose, pay for, issue, and endorse policies.
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Canadian Insurer Deploys Guidewire Solutions for U.S. Customers
- AmeriLife Partners with FAST to Administer Annuities
- Amica Deploys Guidewire’s Billing Solution
- ManchesterStory Selects O’Halleran to Lead Advisory Board
- SPLICE Releases Data-Driven Voice Apps for Alexa Skills
- EIS Introduces CoreVelocity Approach to Accelerate Delivery
- Finys Announces Release of Business Intelligence Solution
- Brunson Named President, CEO of Gulfstream and Catawba
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Robert Regis Hyle
As many insurance technology professionals prepare to travel to Orlando for next week’s IASA annual conference they will be happy to know the program... READ MORE
Bryant G. Tow
Managed service providers are new targets and the cost of rescuing the data is exorbitant... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE