Southern Farm Bureau Adds Additional Guidewire Products
Staff Writer | June 09, 2016
Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company and Guidewire Software announce that Southern Farm Bureau has selected Guidewire core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement products. Ernst & Young, a Guidewire PartnerConnect member, has been selected to lead the implementation.
Southern Farm Bureau selected Guidewire PolicyCenter and Rating Management as its underwriting, rating, and policy administration platform. With this selection, the company is now a full Guidewire InsuranceSuiteM customer. Southern Farm Bureau has also selected Guidewire DataHubM and InfoCenter as its enterprise-wide data management and business intelligence solution and included Guidewire Gateway Portal for Agents and Quote and Buy Portal for Policyholders to enhance the digital experience of its agents and customers.
Southern Farm Bureau completed its initial deployments of Guidewire ClaimCenter and Guidewire BillingCenter in May 2014. The company is currently completing its rollout of BillingCenter for all lines of business across its six regional companies in Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, Mississippi, Colorado, and Louisiana, and will implement PolicyCenter for its farm, personal auto, and property lines of business in those states.
“We are excited to continue our partnership with Guidewire through the selection and implementation of PolicyCenter and its data and digital products to help to better understand our markets and enhance the service we provide,” says Geoff Mercer, senior vice president, technology, Southern Farm Bureau. “We are looking forward to all of the benefits we will receive from running these modern systems that complement our previous investments in ClaimCenter and BillingCenter.”
Guidewire’s systems will enable Southern Farm Bureau to:
- Benefit from a suite of smartly integrated systems built on a modern technology platform designed to grow and change with its business;
- Improve the ease of doing business for staff through the deployment of self-service options that will enable them to access reports and conduct queries independently;
- Empower agents and policyholders with quoting and policy management capabilities; and
- Improve market responsiveness and lower total cost of ownership.
“The EY team first started working with Southern Farm Bureau on its ClaimCenter program deployment, and we are thrilled to continue on with the company’s next phase of core system transformation,” says Brajesh Kumar, principal, Ernst & Young. “We look forward to very successful PolicyCenter, Rating and Digital implementations.”
“We appreciate Southern Farm Bureau’s decision to extend their relationship with us and welcome them as a full InsuranceSuite customer,” says Steve Sherry, senior vice president, worldwide sales, Guidewire Software. “We applaud the company’s commitment to help ensure their ability to compete in the rapidly changing insurance marketplace, and we look forward to working with them and EY on this project.”
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- 2019 Global Insurance Accelerator Cohort Reflects Evolution of InsurTech
- Nearly 50% of US Insurers Are Enhancing Security Capabilities Across the Board, Says Novarica
- Xchange Benefits Acquires the Assets of J. Allan Hall & Associates, Inc.
- HazardHub Celebrates 2018
- Slice Launch Studio
- Crawford Technologies Experiences its Strongest Year of Sales and Growth
- InsureTech Company Accurence Secures Fourth Patent
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE