Stonetrust Implements FirstBest Underwriting Management System
Staff Writer | December 11, 2014
FirstBest Systems announces that Stonetrust Commercial Insurance Company has successfully implemented the FirstBest Underwriting Management System (UMS) to manage the company’s workers’ compensation business.
With FirstBest UMS, Stonetrust will achieve profitable growth and deliver exceptional customer service to its agents. Stonetrust will be able to develop accurate risk profiles; streamline data entry and agent submission, quoting, and binding capabilities for new and renewal business; increase agent collaboration and visibility; and institute underwriting best practices.
“We are delighted with our successful FirstBest UMS implementation,” said Tim Dietrich, president, Stonetrust Commercial Insurance Company. “The FirstBest solution removes a huge barrier to efficiency. Our underwriters were previously constrained by having to operate in multiple and disparate systems. Now, we can better manage and grow our company by leveraging a single, modern, and flexible underwriting platform.”
Stonetrust’s successful implementation of the FirstBest system assists the company in addressing key challenges and strategic goals:
- Complete more profitable business with agents, using the streamlined FirstBest Agent Portal and agent upload resources.
- Reinforce disciplined underwriting by replacing paper-based practices with analysis-driven processes.
- Scale the business, and propel profitable growth with leading-edge underwriting technology.
Additionally, the company plans to facilitate straight-through-processing for agents, using FirstBest Agent and FirstBest AppReader. With the system’s low-touch, rules-based workflows, agents can efficiently issue certificates of insurance with minimal underwriter supervision by Stonetrust, resulting in quicker turnaround of submissions and a boost in both new and renewal business processes.
“From the outset of our engagement, FirstBest understood our business needs and interpreted them effectively via the configurable features of UMS,” says Sukhy Dhillon, CIO, Stonetrust. “This important project was very smooth and trouble free. CIOs responsible for rolling out a major new business application typically expect obstacles and delays, but those roadblocks never arose in the implementation of FirstBest UMS.”
“We are very excited for the accomplishments of Stonetrust in establishing the advanced underwriting workstation and agent portal capabilities of the FirstBest UMS for risk assessment productivity and enhanced agency service,” said John Belizaire, CEO and founder of FirstBest Systems. “The use of transformative technology to reinvent the insurance front office is a key measure for closing more of the right business.”
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Tower Selects EIS Group’s Insurance Platform to Drive Transformation
- NTUC Income Selects Majesco Distribution Management and Majesco Digital Solutions to Advance its Distribution Management Operation
- Emerson Reid Modernizes Its Business Processes With VUE Software
- Octo Telematics Powers CAA MyPace™ Pay-As-You-Go Program
- Announcing the Solartis Insure Microservice Hackathon
- DataCubes Completes Plug and Play Tech Accelerator Program
- Medical Mutual of Ohio Implements One Inc Digital Payments
- SUNZ Insurance in Production with Sapiens’ Workers’ Compensation CompSuite® Policy System
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views