Sunlight Solutions Enters Insurance Software Market
Staff Writer | April 03, 2015
Sunlight Solutions, a new end-to-end insurance processing software provider announces that it is ready for market with its Sunlight Suite cloud-based solution.
In development since 2010, Sunlight Suite was designed to leverage the experience of the founders with the objective of addressing the market challenges of all insurers rather than the needs of one particular insurer. Sunlight’s time and financial investments have gone into building and delivering a true software product instead of a custom-built solution to be retrofitted for other insurers.
Behind the design and development of Sunlight Suite and the establishment of Sunlight Solutions is a team of insurance industry veterans who have extensive carrier, technology, and vendor experience. The founding team includes:
- Didier Lamour – An insurance industry entrepreneur who has been growing successful insurance technology companies for 25 years.
- Steve Franklin – A leader with a 20-year track record in insurance project implementation who employs a pragmatic, agile approach for on-time delivery.
- Vincent Decattoire – A chief architect who has focused on carrier implementations for over 15 years, providing leadership in design, migration, scalability, and deployment.
Sunlight Suite is a cloud-delivered solution with end-to-end insurance processing capabilities that include: analytics, marketing, network management, reporting, and social communication in addition to the core basics—policy, billing, and claims. All modules are consistent and based on Sunlight Solutions’ single product configuration and rating engine. The system has been thoroughly tested, including the processing of more than one million policies in the cloud. The suite has been designed with the depth of functionality and the flexibility to support a wide range of insurance products.
“There is a growing need and demand in the industry for solutions that can be rapidly deployed in the cloud with minimal risk and minimal investment in a technology infrastructure,” says Matthew Josefowicz, president and CEO of Novarica. “It will be interesting to see how the market responds to the Sunlight offering. While the solution is new, the people behind its development are well-known and well-respected in the industry.”
“In a previous position as AVP of Affinity Markets at Manulife, I had the pleasure of working with a number of the members of Sunlight’s founding team for several years,” says David Smart. “They are a top-notch group of insurance and technology professionals that have created a solution that is poised for success. I congratulate them on this new venture and for the launch of Sunlight Suite.”
As the solution is new to the market, Sunlight is seeking an insurer early adopter in the P&C space. The ideal candidate would be an insurer:
- Looking to introduce a new specialty line in a short timeframe;
- Who does business in a state with a more complex regulatory environment;
- Who has an aggressive growth plan;
- Willing to employ an agile methodology, even if not yet experienced with it; and,
- Willing to work with a new solution, delivered and supported by an experienced provider.
“Our team didn’t spend the last five years designing and developing a system to deliver the same old, same old that the industry has become all too familiar with and, unfortunately, has come to expect from solution providers,” says Lamour, Sunlight’s CEO. “Our goal is to change the status quo, exceed the expectations of today’s insurers, and to set a heightened level of expectations for the future.
“We also know this is a very crowded solution provider market. However, we strongly believe there is a better way to build and deliver a solution,” he adds. “We took the time, effort, and financial risk to create a system that is designed based on our combined industry and technology experience, lessons learned, and deep knowledge of what is currently available in the way of insurance solutions.”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Medical Malpractice Insurers Investing in Analytics and Emerging Tech in Face of Market Pressures, Says Novarica
- Insurtech AI Leader Betterview Appoints Dan Shoham, PhD, as Chief Science Officer
- Vermont Mutual Insurance Group Selects One Inc for Digital Payments
- Insurers Embracing Machine Vision for Underwriting and Claims, Says Novarica
- Nationwide partners with Slice Labs to develop on-demand auto insurance for rideshare drivers
- AM Best Requests Comments on Draft Criteria: Scoring and Assessing Innovation
- Majesco Acquires Insurance Software Business in India
- MEMIC Scholarship for Families of Injured Workers Now Accepting Applications
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
There are so many great advances in the area of smart homes and buildings, it makes me wonder what the actual impact has been, or what I might have... READ MORE
This month, the ITA celebrates Insurance Careers Month and encourages carriers, brokers, agents and our industry associations to plan their own... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE