TechCanary Acquires Firm to Establish its Professional Services Subsidiary CanaryServices
Staff Writer | November 28, 2017
TechCanary, a provider of a cloud-based, analytics-driven insurance solution and the #1 insurance solution inside the Salesforce CRM platform, today announced the introduction of its professional service subsidiary CanaryServices, following the acquisition of Terminus Consulting Corp. (Terminus). Given the rapidly increasing rate of adoption of the Salesforce-based TechCanary insurance platform, the company recognized the need to create an organization dedicated to providing professional services assistance to ensure the continued successful implementations and ongoing support for TechCanary customers.
As an established professional services organization, the acquired Terminus serves as the ideal foundation for CanaryServices – offering an experienced and senior team of IT professionals with proven expertise in the insurance industry with Salesforce. Headquartered in the company’s Milwaukee home offices and providing services nationwide and throughout Canada, the CanaryServices team is led by Chief Operating Officer Bo Brown and Vice President Ricky Lopez.
Bo Brown brings over two decades of insurance industry experience, including professional services and implementations. Brown was most recently CIO at Rampart, a large agency located in Long Island, New York. Earlier in his career, Brown worked at ImageRight/Vertafore and prior to that as Director of IT at insurance carriers. He was also a principle consultant at Premier Network Consultants working with insurance agencies and carriers.
Ricky Lopez also offers a long and strong history of experience and success in insurance technologies across a variety of insurance operations, from carriers to MGAs to agencies, including five years working with ImageRight/Vertafore. Most recently, Lopez was the founder and principal consultant at the acquired Terminus, where he helped insurance companies implement and build custom solutions on the Salesforce platform. Lopez also spent time with Cohesive Solutions where he was a solution architect for IBM’s enterprise asset management product, leading large technical projects for companies such as ESPN and GE Capital.
With Brown and Lopez spearheading the effort, CanaryServices offers three categories of services to those insurance industry companies looking to support insurance on the Salesforce platform. Services include:
- Implementation and Configuration Services – to plan and manage the implementation and configuration of the TechCanary solution to meet each company’s unique process, product, and procedural needs.
- Data Migration Services – to successfully map and transfer data from legacy insurance software to the TechCanary platform.
- Salesforce CRM Customization and Configuration – to leverage our deep knowledge of Salesforce and the insurance industry to assist any business working to implement Salesforce whether it includes a TechCanary platform purchase or not.
Within each category, CanaryServices offers a variety of packages to fit each company’s specific goals, whether they are looking for a turnkey solution or a flexible platform they can self-configure. Each package includes project management, best practice solutions and process workshops.
Commenting on the introduction of CanaryServices, Reid Holzworth, TechCanary CEO and founder, noted, “As a rapidly growing software company in the insurance industry, we felt it was critical to ensure that we had a separate organization in place to focus on the professional services side of the business to enable us to continue to support our growth trajectory, but without compromising our marketing and sales, research and development, and customer support standards. CanaryServices’ sole responsibility is to service and support our customers to ensure they are deriving maximum value from their investment in TechCanary.”
For more information on CanaryServices visit www.techcanary.com.
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Western Reserve Group Deploys Guidewire Systems for Claims Management and Digital Engagement
- Frederick Mutual Goes Live with ValueMomentum’s BizDynamics Digital Solution and iFoundry Rating Engine
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Completes First Year Under StoneRiver’s PowerSuite® Enterprise
- Insurance Veteran Lou Geremia Joins Bold Penguin as Chief Revenue Officer
- The County of Los Angeles Expands Use of PCIS’ ClaimsVISION
- Sirius Group Selects Insurity SIMS Claims and Oceanwide Bridge with Cloud Deployment
- Sapiens Announces Catholic Life Insurance’s Expanded Use of StoneRiver Solutions for Life and Annuities
- New York State Insurance Fund Selects Majesco Billing on Majesco CloudInsurer
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
The core systems replacement cycle is speeding up. Twenty years ago, even if you spent your entire career working at the same insurance company, you... READ MORE
- Partner News