The County of Los Angeles Expands Use of PCIS’ ClaimsVISION
Staff Writer | December 06, 2017
From the National Workers’ and Disability Compensation Conference & Expo, P&C Insurance Systems, Inc. (PCIS), a proven and trusted provider of risk management information systems (RMIS), claims administration and automated compliance solutions, today announced that the County of Los Angeles (the County) has signed a new contract expanding its relationship with PCIS.
In production since 2015 with PCIS’ claims management suite ClaimsVISION® , the County’s Chief Executive Office (CEO) Risk Management Branch uses the PCIS system to manage and oversee workers’ compensation claims for all employees of Los Angeles County, the largest county (by population) in the United States. The County’s new contract expands use of ClaimsVISION’s automated E Compliance infrastructure with a new Financial Approval Hub, featuring auto-trigger integration to the County’s audit control system, a new Vision Legal module, the addition of County Counsel users, and EFT integration. Key to the County’s utilization of ClaimsVISION is PCIS’ ability to achieve the County’s goal of 80% touchless payment transaction processing, driven by a complex network of business rules and auto-triggers.
PCIS’ ClaimsVISION serves as the County’s single and centralized workers’ compensation claims system to provide efficient, highly automated, and streamlined claims processing. ClaimsVISION centralizes the County’s claims administration operation, hosting more than 900 users across four TPAs, interacting with more than a dozen third parties, and processing an average 27,000 open claims and 2,000 payments per day.
The PCIS system also acts as the hub for collaboration and coordination of data between the County, partner TPAs, PBMs, and MMCCs; requiring a unique infrastructure that allows for complex assignment, validations and approval rules, and affords the County the ability to rotate its roster of partners seamlessly.
The County’s anticipated benefits from its expanded use of PCIS’ ClaimsVISION include:
- Fully automated “No Touch FROI/SROI Reporting” to the State of California;
- Direct CMS Medicare reporting;
- Surpassing the 80% touchless payment transaction processing objective;
- Deployment of Vision Legal, legal case management, adding County Counsel users;
- A financial approval hub for enhanced payment and a vendor compliance audit control system.
Steve Robles, Assistant Chief Executive Officer with the County’s Risk Management Branch, commented, “Our goal is to continually find ways and leverage the best technologies to improve our claims and compliance handling. We have been extremely pleased with PCIS and the system’s ability to provide touchless FROI/SROI reporting and to meet our gauntlet of financial reporting requirements in order to reach 80% touchless payment processing. When it came time to expand our case management capabilities and enhance our interface to Audit Control, PCIS was the obvious choice.”
“Our expanding partnership demonstrates the County’s success with and confidence in ClaimsVISION. Through our joint efforts we continue to set the bar in the public sector with technological advances that leverage claims and risk management best practices. Since its go live with ClaimsVISION, the County leads the state in No Touch FROI/SROI automation. With our latest modules, the Financial Approval Hub and Vision Legal, we are able to provide the next innovations in compliance and litigation management,” added Georgette Loizou, PCIS Executive Vice President.
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Western Reserve Group Deploys Guidewire Systems for Claims Management and Digital Engagement
- Frederick Mutual Goes Live with ValueMomentum’s BizDynamics Digital Solution and iFoundry Rating Engine
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Completes First Year Under StoneRiver’s PowerSuite® Enterprise
- Insurance Veteran Lou Geremia Joins Bold Penguin as Chief Revenue Officer
- The County of Los Angeles Expands Use of PCIS’ ClaimsVISION
- Sirius Group Selects Insurity SIMS Claims and Oceanwide Bridge with Cloud Deployment
- Sapiens Announces Catholic Life Insurance’s Expanded Use of StoneRiver Solutions for Life and Annuities
- New York State Insurance Fund Selects Majesco Billing on Majesco CloudInsurer
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
The core systems replacement cycle is speeding up. Twenty years ago, even if you spent your entire career working at the same insurance company, you... READ MORE
- Partner News