Three Insurers Choose Cincom’s Customer Communications Solution
Staff Writer | June 24, 2016
Cincom Systems announces that The Baltimore Life Insurance Company, Glatfelter Insurance Group, and Lititz Mutual Insurance have chosen Cincom Eloquence to streamline their policyholder and agent communication processes and policy production processes.
“Communications play a key role in our ability to service policyholders and agents effectively, and ultimately grow our business,” says Steve Bortner, vice president, information services at Baltimore Life. “But our existing communications application had become a major impediment.”
After a comprehensive assessment of other vendor solutions in the market, Baltimore Life felt Cincom’s Eloquence provided the best choice to deliver more personalized communications to policyholders and agents.
“Its intuitive template authoring environment will speed training times and minimize the burden on our IT resources by allowing our business users to take a more active role in developing and generating our complex communications,” says Bortner. “Eloquence’s ability to seamlessly integrate with a variety of core applications, both legacy and emerging, provides us with the flexibility to adapt to changing business processes as we grow.”
Baltimore Life plans to capitalize Cincom Eloquence’s flexibility by integrating it with its core legacy systems—including its policy administration system and enterprise content management and workflow application—to deliver more than 20,000 policies each year and further its mission of serving the mutual interests of its policyholders, agents, employees and communities.
“Glatfelter Insurance Group offers insurance products that are tailored to meet the specific needs and exposures for many diverse industries. As a result, we find ourselves needing to respond quickly to ever increasing changes in the market, “ says Matt Fasnacht, director of application architecture at Glatfelter Insurance Group. “Our existing customer communications application was too cumbersome and inflexible to meet these evolving demands.”
After exploring several other vendor solutions, Glatfelter chose Cincom’s Eloquence to help improve its communication processes. “Eloquence’s intuitive interface, the flexibility in how it handled our data, the fact that it ran on our JAVA infrastructure, and the partnership we built with the Cincom team were critical factors in our decision,” says Fasnacht. “Equally important, in Cincom we found not only a software application, but also a strategic partner who had a vested interest in our long-term success.”
Initially Glatfelter will focus on using Cincom Eloquence to power its policy production processes. Once in production, Glatfelter will use Cincom Eloquence to improve the generation and delivery of all customer communications across their business.
“Since 1888, Lititz Mutual has been founded on the soundest of ideals—thrift, integrity, caring, reliability, quality, fairness, and, above all, a sense of responsibility to our agents and to the thousands of individuals and businesses that have been insured under our banner. An important element in that commitment is providing a stellar experience each and every time, from policy issuance to claims, and we are confident that Cincom Eloquence will play a key role in helping us deliver on that promise,” says Scott Lutz, vice president, claims at Lititz Mutual Insurance.
Lititz looked at several competitive solutions, but found they were not as flexible with respect to how the company operates, leaving Lititz with no option but to change its processes.
“Cincom’s Eloquence provides us with flexibility; adapting to our processes versus dictating new ones,” says Lutz. “Cincom’s heritage in helping insurers, more importantly mutual insurers, along with their willingness to get to know our people, our operation, and to understand our processes and goals before asking us to ‘sign on the dotted line’ assures us that we have selected the right partner to address our unique needs but not so large that we feel like just another number.”
Initially, Lititz Mutual will concentrate on integrating Cincom Eloquence with the claims management system to streamline claims correspondence processes. Key drivers for this effort are the elimination of manual processing steps and the standardization of formatting and content within all outbound claims communications—print and electronic. Once claims correspondence processes are optimized, Lititz Mutual will address other applications areas across the organization where Cincom Eloquence can improve the overall policyholder and agent experience.
“Helping insurers exceed their policyholder and agent expectations through better communications is why we exist,” commented Heath Laudick, North American sales director, Cincom Document Solutions. “We are pleased that Lititz, Glatfelter, and Baltimore Life have selected Cincom Eloquence to power their communications processes and we will strive to exceed their expectations in every way.”
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Crawford Technologies Announces Release of ePresentment Gateway for Box
- New Study of More than 100 Insurers Finds Success Among Early Adopters of Emerging Tech, Says Novarica
- Anshuman Purohit Assumes Senior Technology Leadership Role at CastleBay Companies
- AVYST Welcomes Kitty Ambers as Chief Growth Officer
- Agero Strengthens Executive Team with Bill Gerraughty as Chief Financial Officer
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- 2019 Global Insurance Accelerator Cohort Reflects Evolution of InsurTech
- Nearly 50% of US Insurers Are Enhancing Security Capabilities Across the Board, Says Novarica
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE