Topa Selects Core in the Cloud from ISCS
Staff Writer | December 15, 2016
ISCS announces Topa Insurance Group selects SurePower Innovation implemented via ISCS’s cloud deployment option, SurePackage, to handle all of the group’s core administration needs, and to serve as a platform for innovation and growth.
Topa Insurance Group includes several specialty insurance companies and solution providers, including Topa Insurance Company, Alphyn Universal Insurance Solutions, Dorchester Insurance Company, NevPac Reinsurance, and Topa Insurance Services, located throughout California, the British Virgin Islands (BVI) and the U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI).
Beginning in Topa Insurance Group’s home state of California, this implementation will focus on the company’s commercial lines of business, including commercial property, commercial package, general liability and excess liability, sold through an exclusive network of wholesale brokers and general agents across all of the company’s subsidiaries.
"We selected SurePackage on AWS Cloud because ISCS on AWS provides a robust foundation for innovation, growth and efficiency,” says Brian Schween, CIO for Topa Insurance Group. “The resulting business agility and ability to stay current with future product releases will strengthen our focus on ease of doing business for our partners and customers.”
During the selection process, SurePower Innovation’s configurability, services-based architecture, and cloud offering with advanced business intelligence (BI) capabilities hit all the right notes with Topa. Further, executives from Topa agreed that ISCS’s implementation track record, investment in research and development (R&D), and comprehensive insurance business knowledge, stood out from the ranks of other companies in contention for selection.
“Consolidating to a single, highly-configurable platform will make it easier for our customers to do business with us, allow our talented employees to design and deliver even more innovative products and services, and increase internal efficiency,” says Schween.
"As the bar continues to be raised on customer service and experience, 24x7x365 accessibility, and speed of doing business, the ability to provide core administration in the cloud has become a key differentiator for ISCS," says Andy Scurto, president of ISCS. "We have been working quietly with AWS to provide state-of-the-art cloud hosting and services to the insurance industry since 2008. We couldn’t be more impressed with the level of service and commitment to delivering a quality experience AWS has enabled ISCS to provide to insurance clients ongoing."
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Tower Selects EIS Group’s Insurance Platform to Drive Transformation
- NTUC Income Selects Majesco Distribution Management and Majesco Digital Solutions to Advance its Distribution Management Operation
- Emerson Reid Modernizes Its Business Processes With VUE Software
- Octo Telematics Powers CAA MyPace™ Pay-As-You-Go Program
- Announcing the Solartis Insure Microservice Hackathon
- DataCubes Completes Plug and Play Tech Accelerator Program
- Medical Mutual of Ohio Implements One Inc Digital Payments
- SUNZ Insurance in Production with Sapiens’ Workers’ Compensation CompSuite® Policy System
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views