VASCO Enters Agreement to Acquire Electronic Signature Provider Silanis
Staff Writer | October 09, 2015
VASCO Data Security announces the execution of a definitive agreement to acquire privately held Silanis Technology. Silanis' e-SignLive platform is trusted by some of the largest banks, insurers, and government agencies.
The acquisition demonstrates VASCO's commitment to its vision of delivering new solutions that are in high demand within its financial services customer base, accelerating its transition to a recurring revenue model, strengthening its revenue base in North America, and expanding its customer base outside of its core banking business.
VASCO anticipates significant revenue synergies from the acquisition. Both VASCO and Silanis are focused on addressing the business needs of organizations conducting secure transactions that must meet strict regulatory and compliance requirements. VASCO has identified demand for digital transaction solutions among its customer base and, following the closing of the transaction, can immediately start selling Silanis solutions to its global banking customers. The banking segment is Silanis' number one vertical.
"In Silanis, we have found a company with incredible technology and solutions that have emerging demand among our vast customer base," says T. Kendall Hunt, chairman and CEO of VASCO. "Silanis' offering is consistent with our focus on authentication and fraud prevention. We see the potential to accelerate growth in a rapidly expanding new market while still maintaining our commitment to our core offering. Given that Silanis focuses on generating recurring revenue through a Software-as-a-Service model, we expect that it will be a significant factor in helping VASCO grow its operating income, both on an absolute basis as well as a percentage of revenue."
Silanis, based in Montreal, utilizes a SaaS and on-premise subscription model for its customers who are located primarily in North America. Silanis expects to report revenues, determined under Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, of approximately $16 million for the full-year 2015, an increase of approximately 30 percent over full-year 2014. Based on bookings of new business through the third quarter of 2015, which were up more than 200 percent over the comparable period in 2014, Silanis is projecting that its revenues for 2016, on a standalone basis, will increase more than 25 percent over 2015.
Craig Le Clair, Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, reports a 53 percent average annual growth in the use of e-signatures since 2012 with the number of transactions settled using e-signatures topping 210 million and likely to reach more than 700 million in 2017.
"A recent directive passed by the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union promises to solidify and promote e-signature adoption across the region," reports Le Clair. "Mobile transactions will push e-signature authentication to the device, with Europe leading the way in innovation."
VASCO believes that its strength in mobile security combined with the ability to complete a legally enforceable transaction with e-signatures will provide organizations a pathway to increase the number of transactions completed on mobile devices.
e-SignLive, Silanis' e-signature solution, delivers distinct advantages over competing solutions including the following:
- The ability to completely white-label the e-signature process for a seamless and branded experience to ensure the highest adoption rates.
- The most complete audit trails in the market, providing organizations with direct visibility into how and when the digital transaction took place.
- A unified platform that supports cloud, on-premise, and hybrid deployment options.
- Data centers around the globe that will help customers meet regulatory and in-country data residency requirements.
- Enterprise-grade solutions that can be easily deployed across an organization's internal, business-to-business and customer-facing applications.
"By combining the strengths of both companies, we have created an opportunity to significantly enhance our ability to address rising global market demand for Silanis' solutions. The demand for our solutions is driven by their strong ROI and end customers' expectations to complete business transactions digitally," says Tommy Petrogiannis, CEO and co-founder of Silanis. "By taking advantage of our recently announced global data centers, we can accelerate revenue growth by reducing the time required to implement solutions for banks and other regulated organizations outside of North America that require compliant signing solutions."
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Appointment of Wendy Aarons-Corman as CEO of OWIT Global
- 360Globalnet Connecting with Insurer Community as AAIS Associate Partner
- Agero Names George Horvat as Chief Operations Officer
- FRISS Joins Duck Creek Partner Ecosystem to Provide Risk and Fraud Detection Solutions to Property & Casualty Insurers Worldwide
- Nationwide Announces New Tech Partnership to Improve Safety for Long-Haul Truck Drivers
- Global Investments in Insurtech: Digitalization Taking Hold
- Lucens Group Announces Corporate Name Change to Claimify to Reflect Commitment to its Software Platform
- The Co-operators Drives Innovative Claims Process with Guidewire InsurancePlatform Cloud-Based Predictive Analytics System
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE