Verisk, Duck Creek Expand Relationship Through Data Exchange
Staff Writer | December 21, 2016
Verisk Insurance Solutions announces an agreement with Duck Creek Technologies that will enable Duck Creek customers to access the Verisk Data Exchange. Duck Creek will receive driving data and risk scores from Verisk through a Verisk-built application programming interface (API). Participating Duck Creek insurer customers will be able to use the data with consumer consent to identify safe drivers who might be eligible for discounts.
The Verisk Data Exchange was launched in July 2016. Consenting connected-car owners will have the option to contribute their driving data and seamlessly take advantage of insurers' usage-based insurance (UBI) programs typically designed to reward safe drivers. The Verisk Data Exchange also assigns consumers a driving risk score. Similar to a credit score, it can be used to demonstrate responsible driving history and serve as the basis for car insurance premiums. General Motors was the first auto manufacturer to sign on to the Verisk Data Exchange.
"Duck Creek's software solutions and the Verisk Data Exchange model-ready scores and data will form a powerful combination," says Jim Levendusky, vice president of telematics at Verisk Insurance Solutions. "This will provide a running start for insurers looking to launch UBI programs and offer better integration with the workflows of insurers already in this space."
"Duck Creek currently offers its customers pre-integrated Verisk content through Duck Creek Templates that streamline the underwriting and rating process," says Patti Griffin, chief product officer at Duck Creek Technologies. "Under an exciting expansion of our existing relationship with Verisk, Duck Creek has an additional offering of new prebuilt content that uses scores and other data from the Verisk Data Exchange to enhance solutions for insurers."
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Lucens Group Announces Corporate Name Change to Claimify to Reflect Commitment to its Software Platform
- The Co-operators Drives Innovative Claims Process with Guidewire InsurancePlatform Cloud-Based Predictive Analytics System
- Insurance Technologies Releases FireLight® e-Delivery to Seamlessly Automate the Delivery of All Insurance and Retirement Policies and Documents
- Global IQX API Unleashes Wealth of Data for Employee Benefits Insurers
- Survey: Millennial business owners most likely generation to work with insurance agents
- Duck Creek Technologies Reports 85% Bookings Growth and 30% Revenue Growth in SaaS-Delivered Enterprise Software Solutions for Fiscal Year 2018
- Optimum General Selects Guidewire InsurancePlatform for Core Operations
- Blue Cod Technologies Announces Corporate Name Change to Activer Solutions
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE