Vertafore Initiative Seeks to Bolster the Relationship Between Carriers, Agencies
Staff Writer | June 13, 2014
Vertafore announces a carrier initiative that demonstrates the company’s continued commitment to carrier businesses, and is designed to strengthen the relationship between carriers and their agency counterparts. In addition to offering new product capabilities across Vertafore’s carrier solutions portfolio, the company is extending an invitation to its annual user conference to the carrier audience.
Vertafore brings to market a solution portfolio for both carriers and agencies, including recently announced strategic partnerships and agreements with Progressive Insurance, DocuSign, and as a founding member of the ID Federation. Vertafore provides a complete solution portfolio that meets the needs of both audiences, a key requirement given the increasing dependencies between both roles.
“While the agent was once the face of the insurance brand, now customers increasingly use multiple channels to connect with their carriers. Agents are not in danger of extinction, but the role they play will continue to evolve,” notes a recent report from McKinsey & Co. “Those that can adapt to a new set of circumstances will thrive. For their part, carriers must think now about what these changes will mean for their business and begin developing strategies to respond.”
“As the insurance industry evolves, carriers must re-invent how they grow their revenue, pursue new business opportunities and optimize internal processes. By continuing to innovate our software and extending participation at our user conference to this important group of insurance providers, Vertafore is unwavering in our commitment to serve carriers,” says Alex Lintner, CEO of Vertafore. “In addition to providing access to the broadest agency distribution channel, we are giving carriers the power to improve partnerships with agents and grow profitability, today and in the future.”
A recent Vertafore survey of over 600 insurance agencies echoed the changing dynamic between carriers and agents, demonstrating the value of working with a technology provider that serves both markets. The report found that 73 percent of agents experienced revenue growth from 2012-2013, primarily due to exceptional policy services and streamlined quoting and submission processes provided by carriers. Agents also ranked these capabilities as top criteria when evaluating and selecting their carrier partners.
Designed to help carriers increase profitability, improve business decisions, streamline compliance, and serve customers and agents more efficiently and effectively, Vertafore has introduced the following new technology capabilities:
Sign-On Once Solutions: As a member of the ID Federation, Vertafore is instrumental in promulgating standards to help carriers and agencies increase security and solve the industry’s challenges with password management.
Real-Time Connectivity: New features that make it easier to do business by providing seamless connectivity between agencies and carriers using innovation in TransactNOW and PL Rating.
Advanced Analytics: Personal Lines Rating data empowers carriers with competitive insight to baseline and adjust business decisions and quotes.
Operational Efficiency: Enhancements to improve insurance-specific process management and workflows that help carriers service their customers efficiently and effectively, on-site or remotely, 24/7/365 using Vertafore’s ImageRight solution.
Automated client servicing and new business acquisition: providing streamlined automation for direct download of policy data and endorsements, and the expedient delivery of bookrolled accounts.
To drive further collaboration between carriers and agencies, Vertafore also announced expansion of its annual user conference, the Network of Vertafore Users (NetVU), to include the valued carrier audience. Formerly an agency-only event, this expansion makes NetVU the insurance industry’s largest technology conference. Focused on accelerating innovation and enhancing collaboration between Vertafore users through education, networking, and advocacy, last year’s event attracted over 2,500 attendees and industry influencers. The 2015 conference is set to surpass previous expectations with dynamic demos, talks and business insights for all sides of the insurance distribution system.
“EMC values every opportunity to grow the relationships with our agency partners. Expansion of the NetVU conference to include a carrier track helps strengthen the collaboration and education with our partners,” said Teresa Addy, business technology analyst at EMC Insurance.
“We welcome Vertafore’s carrier customers to our user community, and encourage them to join us in Indianapolis for our 2015 conference,” says Kitty Ambers, chief staff executive at NetVU. “Working in tandem with the Vertafore team, our goal is to create the leading technology conference for the insurance industry. With the addition of new educational tracks, hands-on product sessions highlighting new features, an expanded exhibit hall, and engaging networking opportunities, I’m confident we’ll showcase the very best of the NetVU and Vertafore communities.”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Medical Malpractice Insurers Investing in Analytics and Emerging Tech in Face of Market Pressures, Says Novarica
- Insurtech AI Leader Betterview Appoints Dan Shoham, PhD, as Chief Science Officer
- Vermont Mutual Insurance Group Selects One Inc for Digital Payments
- Insurers Embracing Machine Vision for Underwriting and Claims, Says Novarica
- Nationwide partners with Slice Labs to develop on-demand auto insurance for rideshare drivers
- AM Best Requests Comments on Draft Criteria: Scoring and Assessing Innovation
- Majesco Acquires Insurance Software Business in India
- MEMIC Scholarship for Families of Injured Workers Now Accepting Applications
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
There are so many great advances in the area of smart homes and buildings, it makes me wonder what the actual impact has been, or what I might have... READ MORE
This month, the ITA celebrates Insurance Careers Month and encourages carriers, brokers, agents and our industry associations to plan their own... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE