Vertafore Launches API Developer Portal, Partner Program
Staff Writer | September 20, 2016
Vertafore announces the launch of the Vertafore API Developer Portal, which opens Vertafore APIs to customers and partners and continues the company’s advancement in cloud innovation.
The portal provides secure access to a comprehensive set of APIs, documentation, self-start guides, development tools and reporting capabilities. In addition to customers, third-party technology partners can enroll in the Vertafore Orange Partner Program for access to Vertafore’s best-of-breed technology and exclusive benefits.
Today’s business leaders understand the strategic benefits of exposing APIs as building blocks for third-party integrations. So much so that a recent survey of nearly 1,500 IT professionals found 79 percent are already exposing software APIs to accelerate application delivery, increase product “stickiness” and create new revenue opportunities.
According to Amazon, the number of applications developed as a result of the rise of APIs and the cloud is at a record high. This API-first mindset has allowed software developers to unlock greater business value by integrating capabilities from a broader technology ecosystem.
“The creation of the Vertafore API Developer Portal and Vertafore® Orange Partner Program is the next strategic step helping our customers extend the reach of their business through technology,” says Theo Beack, chief technology officer of Vertafore. “The first step was establishing partnerships with best-of-breed technology providers such as DocuSign, Birst and Microsoft, which was our primary focus in 2015. Now, we’re extending the flexibility and capabilities of our technology platform and opening the door to future integrations. The APIs we’re exposing are intended to help the Vertafore community innovate and find creative ways to leverage technology to run their business and arm them with tools needed compete in today’s digital marketplace.”
Vertafore’s API Developer Portal will provide a central community for partners as well as agency and carrier customers to build custom integrations with Vertafore products that align with their desired workflows. Customers benefit from a tailored software experience and increased access to enterprise-grade technologies that would otherwise be unavailable. All of which improve operational productivity, accelerate profitability and generate endless innovation possibilities.
“Working with the Vertafore team, we used the new API to gain access to previously unavailable data in AMS360 so we can automate key processes necessary to support our rapid growth. That’s a huge workload off my team. It used to take three to four minutes to update just one policy. Now multiply that by thousands of policies,” says Jenny Peterson, systems administration manager at Brightway Insurance. “It’s fantastic to be a part of something so new and so powerful. We always want to be the best; to do that we need to be supported by the best technology.”
Additionally, with the release of the Vertafore Orange Partner Program, Vertafore is opening the door for third-party technology providers to help accelerate innovation and ingenuity in the insurance industry. This program allows partners access to Vertafore’s easy-to-use and powerful API for the ability to seamlessly integrate with the company’s most secure and robust solutions. Partners enrolled in the program will also receive exclusive benefits such as tools, resources, and support to help them grow and differentiate their business.
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- OneWorld Instech Launches OWIT Services Division
- The Institutes RiskBlock Alliance™ Announces EY as Blockchain Security and Risk Services Provider
- Encompass Helps Keep Customers Connected & Safe with Roost Home Safety Devices
- Slice Labs Strengthens Insurance Cloud Focus with Veteran Industry Executive Hire
- Mennonite Mutual Selects Finys for Core System Replacement
- Entertainment Risk Goes Live with ClarionDoor Issuance
- AAIS Collaborates With IBM To Transform Insurance Regulatory Reporting Using Blockchain
- K2 Insurance Services Implements One Inc for Digital Billing Capabilities
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views