Vertafore Launches Mobile App for Agency Management Systems
Staff Writer | October 06, 2015
Vertafore announces plans to launch the Vertafore Mobile App, which provides secure mobile access to account policy, claim, and billing information from the Vertafore Agency Platform.
Agency customers of QQSolutions, Vertafore’s most recent acquisition, also benefit from Vertafore mobile innovations with new text functionality integrated into QQCatalyst, a management system for small-to-medium size agencies. The latest mobile products underscore Vertafore’s ongoing commitment to providing agencies of all sizes with the tools they need to meet changing market demands.
Vertafore Mobile for the Vertafore Agency Platform will be generally available in November. QQCatalyst’s modern text functionalities are available now for current customers.
Mobile is an integral part of everyday life for consumers, and agents are just beginning to realize the ROI of creating a more personalized, mobile experience for their customers. A recent Accenture survey found 64 percent of customers either currently use their insurer’s mobile app or plan to in the future to manage policies and connect with agents.
Similarly, consumer demand for near real-time engagement is equally strong with research showing more than half of consumers prefer to obtain customer support via email, chat, text or social. By enabling agents to communicate with customers via mobile and text, QQCatalyst ensures the highest quality of service possible by connecting customers with agents at all times in the method they prefer.
According to the report, the ability to receive this level of service was a key driver for consumers who decided to switch insurance providers in 2014, with 65 percent claiming to change insurers due to poor customer support.
Vertafore Mobile allows agents to securely access and share client data, including account details, policies, notes, billing and other documents stored in the management system from their mobile device. Agents can update or make changes to customer information using the mobile app, eliminating duplicate data entry. To maximize security of policyholder information, agencies are able to provision the level of access for each user to control the availability of sensitive customer information.
“After office hours on a Friday evening, one of my customers was trying to purchase a new car. The dealership required proof of insurance, which they didn’t have handy,” says Laurie Gillam Agency operations specialist at Gardiner Allen DeRoberts Insurance. “With Vertafore Mobile, I was able to pull up the policy with my mobile device and send the appropriate documents to my customer immediately. They ended up driving home with a new car that night, which made me feel like superwoman.”
No matter the size of the agency, all agents benefit from mobile functionality. In addition to gaining mobile access to information stored in QQCatalyst, smaller agency customers of QQSolutions can engage directly with policyholders through text messaging. Mobile agents can connect with clients to send payment reminders, policy updates and birthday wishes to any working cell phone number in the United States. Additionally, when communicating over mobile, agents automatically have the full client profile at their fingertips with the customer file, direct dial features for voice calls and maps to client addresses.
“Smaller agencies carry the same digital burden as larger agencies, but have fewer resources to address these issues,” says Mark Malis, president of QQSolutions. “Text functionality has allowed our agency customers to develop more personalized relationships with their policyholders and streamline communication. Vertafore has played a critical role capitalizing on the latest and greatest mobile technology to enhance our offering and continue delivering cutting edge solutions to smaller agency customers.”
“Mobile solutions integrated with management systems are now critical to meeting new digital priorities,” says Greg Wright, senior vice president of agency solutions at Vertafore. “Regardless of the agent’s location, our mobile apps keep agents connected to customers 24/7, helping to foster relationships and ultimately boost agency referrals. By speeding up response times, enabling more valuable customer interactions and automating processes to get information back into the management system quickly, agents will be able to grow their business and serve their customers better in the evolving insurance ecosystem.”
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Captricity AI Surpasses Human Ability to Read
- Maple Tech Announces Enhanced Integration Functionality Available in Latest Version of Aspire
- ORIGAMI RISK RECEIVES GROWTH INVESTMENT FROM SPECTRUM EQUITY
- Raffles Health Insurance (Singapore) Selects Majesco’s Health Core Platform
- EIS Group Announces Reseller Agreement with Comtec
- Kookmin Best Insurance Company Selects Majesco CloudInsurer
- Glatfelter Insurance Group Selects OnBase by Hyland to Improve Information Management
- Bold Penguin Announces Commercial Insurance Marketplace Expansion
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views