Xceedance Appoints Travis MacMillian Chief Business Officer
Staff Writer | January 01, 2018
Xceedance, a global provider of insurance consulting, managed services, technology, and data sciences, has named Travis MacMillian as the company’s chief business officer.
In this role, MacMillian will lead the global business development team at Xceedance, with a focus on helping re/insurers, brokers, and program administrators optimize operations and accelerate technology transformation in the digital insurance economy. With more than 30 years of deep insurance acumen in underwriting, operations, claims, reinsurance, analytics, and business development, MacMillian brings extensive leadership and management insight to Xceedance, and he is adept at building and directing diverse teams in support of insurance organizations.
“Travis has broad market and operational experience in carrier environments and at firms that serve the insurance industry worldwide, so he perfectly complements our global team of insurance-focused experts,” said Arun Balakrishnan, chief executive officer at Xceedance. “Adding Travis’ proven talents significantly strengthen our abilities to provide thought leadership, consultative services, and technology proficiency — as Xceedance assists re/insurers in fulfilling a range of business and strategic objectives."
Xceedance capabilities include the provision of industry-dedicated managed services, responsive technology, and blockchain solutions across a wide spectrum of the insurance lifecycle.
"I am very excited to join Xceedance. In a rapidly changing insurance market, the company offers exemplary consulting expertise and technology proficiencies to solve the diverse needs of global clients,” said MacMillian. “It’s impressive to see the business segments of Xceedance grow through innovation, and by applying advanced insurance managed services and intelligent technologies that empower client operations."
Most recently, MacMillian served as the vice president of insurance at Genpact. Previously, he held senior leadership positions at FirstBest Systems (acquired by Guidewire), Greater New York Mutual, and OneBeacon Insurance Group. MacMillian began his insurance career in underwriting at Commercial Union.
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- SpareBank 1 Selects Roost® For Home Telematics Solution
- AIG and Athene Executive Joins Denim® as CTO
- NSM Insurance Group Selects ValueMomentum’s BizDynamics Digital Platform and iFoundry Rating Engine
- MS & AD Insurance Group Companies Select Shift Technology’s FORCETM Fraud Detection Solution
- CALIFORNIA CASUALTY SELECTS GUIDEWIRE SYSTEMS FOR REAL-TIME AND PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS
- EIS Group Names Insurance C-suite Veteran Sharon Ludlow to Board of Directors
- THE CO-OPERATORS AND EQUISOFT LAUNCH AN INNOVATIVE FINANCIAL NEEDS ANALYSIS SOLUTION FOR CLIENTS AND ADVISORS
- Clearcover Implements One, Inc.’s ProcessOne
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views