Xceedance and Oasis LMF Announce On-Demand Catastrophe Modelling Services
Bill Sinn | September 09, 2019
Xceedance, a global provider of insurance consulting, managed services, technology, data sciences, and blockchain solutions, announces the availability of On-Demand Catastrophe Modelling Services, using the Oasis Loss Modelling Framework (Oasis LMF).
The offering comprises several global and regional catastrophe modelling companies that implement models on the Oasis platform. It delivers modelling services on-demand to the insurance industry — with no annual licensing requirements from each modeller, no requirement to use proprietary platforms, and with the flexibility to choose peril models from across a community of expert model providers. Model providers currently include Ambiental, Applied Research Associates, CatRisk, COMBUS, CoreLogic, ERN/RED, Fathom, Impact Forecasting, and JBA Risk Management.
“With On-Demand Catastrophe Modelling Services, insurance organisations can get comprehensive cat and exposure analytics, delivered to them by an experienced team of Xceedance analysts— all in one reliable package,” said Justin Davies, EMEA region head at Xceedance. “Re/insurers and brokers don’t need to spend time or resources on modelling. They don’t need to invest in infrastructure. And, they can concentrate on writing business and serving their policyholders.
”The community of model providers on Oasis LMF, in conjunction with the Xceedance catastrophe data/analytics services, make it faster and easier for insurance providers to gain refined and timely visibility into catastrophic risks. On-Demand Catastrophe Modelling Services can also generate substantial savings in the licencing, staffing, and deployment of multiple cat modelling platforms. Moreover, the offering can streamline exposure management, improve underwriting results, and enhance profitability for re/insurers and brokers.
By combining robust and dependable global peril models and the open-source flexibility of Oasis LMF, the offering can prepare exposures for analysis from re/insurers’ raw data, and the data can be run for specific perils, countries, and regions. Xceedance will organise data in an industry-standard format, geocode it, and validate its accuracy. Additionally, policy terms and conditions for limits, sublimits, and deductibles can be added for exposures — in consultation with insurance organisations. On-Demand Catastrophe Modelling Services will document all assumptions of the model runs. The service will provide analysis reports, including loss metrics, while safeguarding re/insurers’ data.
“On-Demand Catastrophe Modelling Services on the Oasis LMF opens up a new world of possibilities for re/insurers and brokers,” said Dickie Whitaker, chief executive of Oasis LMF. “A service provider with the depth and knowledge of Xceedance adds a cost-effective and practical solution to accessing the expanding number of models available on the Oasis LMF platform.”
- The September/October 2019 issue of ITA PRO magazine is now available in digital format here:
- ITA Pro Magazine May/June 2019
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- AI-Powered Insurmi Secures Funding to Modernize How Insurers Engage Customers
- JAUNTIN’ Launches On-Demand Health Program for Gig Economy Workers
- Carpe Data Launches New Commercial Data-as-a-Service Platform
- First Broker-Led Investor Group and Accelerator Program Launches in Des Moines
- Branch Launches Bundled Home and Auto Insurance Products Using ClarionDoor Technology
- Ask Kodiak and Friends to Host Insurtech Boston on October 29
- SageSure Insurance Managers Reaches 10-Year Milestone
- As InsureTech Wave Matures, Insurers See Partners More Than Competitors, Says Novarica
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2020
ITA LIVE 2020 –SAVE THE DATE!
April 5th – 7th, 2020
The Diplomat Resort
Become a member today to receive updates – www.itapro.org/MR
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
Customer experience is an essential component of the transformational journey... READ MORE
Insurance companies can serve customers better when they have access to accurate data and use it to send personalized, relevant messages that deliver... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE