Xchanging Acquires Agencyport Europe
Staff Writer | July 07, 2014
Xchanging announces the acquisition of all the European operations (Agencyport Europe) from the US-headquartered insurance software business Agencyport Software, for a cash consideration of £64.1m ($110m).
The acquisition will expand and strengthen Xchanging’s existing insurance software business, Xuber, and support Xchanging’s strategy to build its insurance business globally and acquire technology and intellectual property that enables greater value generation. It follows the previous technology acquisitions of AR Enterprise in November 2012, and MarketMaker4 in September 2013, and most recently of insurance software business Total Objects Limited, which was announced July 3, 2014.
Agencyport Europe is headquartered in London and provides software to the property & casualty and health insurance markets. The software suite offers exposure modelling and risk analysis, policy administration, billing and claims business processing.
Its software is complementary to Xuber’s offering and extends the enlarged group’s product range, notably into health insurance and exposure modelling. Synergies between the technology and customer bases also provide the potential to expand the product portfolio for the commercial and London insurance market as well as globally, through Xchanging’s international reach.
The company has 160 employees based in London, Leeds, and Cwmbran and the workforce, including its senior management team, will be joining Xchanging. In time, Agencyport Europe will be rebranded under the Xuber name and will be part of Xchanging’s technology business. Phil Race (managing director, Agencyport Europe) and Andy Lovett (COO, Agencyport Europe) will continue as leaders within the business.
“Agencyport Europe is a very exciting and highly complementary addition to our insurance software division, Xuber, and we are delighted to be able to welcome Phil, Andy and the team on board,” says Ken Lever, CEO of Xchanging. “This is a significant acquisition, and perfectly in line with our strategy. It will enhance our existing insurance software product set, open new markets, and provide access to a blue-chip customer base. We also expect to identify cross-selling opportunities, not just for Xuber, but also for all our offerings while Agencyport Europe will benefit from our strong global distribution network and marketing resource. The insurance market continues to evolve rapidly and this is being driven by technological change. Technology-enablement is central to success in our markets and to our strategic aims. Today’s acquisition makes a significant contribution towards achieving our long term goals.”
“There is significant value in the two companies coming together; for our combined customer community, for our respective businesses, and for our people,” says Race. “We share similar strong values and an open and engaging approach with customers. We will continue to offer the best product suite available, through a highly dedicated and talented team, and will remain absolutely focused on our commitments. We look forward to integrating with Xuber and working together.”
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Cloverleaf Analytics Announces Version 2.0 Release
- AmWINS selects ClarionDoor’s Digital Distribution Suite to Power Underwriting Platform
- Ask Kodiak Connects TrustedChoice.com Carrier Appetite to TechCanary Agency Management System
- Seth Bostock Joins Lucens Group as CTO with Vision to Simplify the Disability Insurance Experience
- Life Insurers Enhancing Claims Systems, Novarica Profiles Six Prominent Providers
- HazardHub Releases Frozen Pipe Score, Ice Dam Score and enhanced Weather Variables
- Big Gains & Big Bets in the Independent Insurance Channel
- Life/Annuity Insurers Taking Product and Distribution Strategy Cues from InsureTech, says Novarica
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
The Insurance Technology Association is pleased to announce that ITA Live 2019 is scheduled for May 5-7, 2019 at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and... READ MORE
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views