Xuber Launches Configuration Packs for Insurers, Reinsurers
Staff Writer | May 09, 2014
One year after re-launching in the U.S., Xuber announces the launch of built-in, market-specific configuration packs that address U.S. market and customer needs and streamline data entry for specialty, non-admitted lines of business.
“Pre-configuring our software allows customers to implement our solutions by significantly reducing the time required for user workshops and ensuing configuration and development efforts,” says Matt Isaly, head of product strategy, U.S., for Xuber. “These configuration packs are purpose-built for the U.S. market, allowing the business to account for the nuances of their complex risks without forcing data into fields, which inevitably leads to workarounds, ad-hoc modifications, and incorrect use of the software.”
Insurers operating in the U.S. non-admitted market need technology systems that can manage sophisticated requirements such as program structures, from ground up claim calculations including aggregate tracking, ceded reinsurance calculations, premium recognition and earning pattern variances. Xuber configuration packs are specifically designed to meet these requirements.
These U.S. non-admitted market configuration packs are the most recent milestone in an undertaking by the Xuber team to continue to configure its global technology platform to better serve users in local markets. Earlier this year, Xuber launched its first configuration pack for the London market. Configurations for the Bermuda and U.S. admitted markets are slated for completion later in 2014 and early 2015.
“We’re very excited and proud of the progress we have made in the U.S. market since re-launching here last April,” says Craig Robinson, head of business development, North America, for Xuber. “Our continued investment in the core processing technology and our eagerness to tailor our solutions to meet U.S. customers’ needs have contributed to business growth.”
At the end of last year, Xuber announced that Everest Re has selected Xuber for Reinsurers. Executives from the reinsurer said they chose Xuber for its modern technology, robust and configurable functionality, and ability to conduct analysis. They expect this solution will drive greater operational efficiencies and support business agility. Implementation will occur in four stages, with the first phase of implementation for the claims component underway.
Other Xuber highlights since its U.S. market entrance include:
- Introducing Upgrade Studio, a powerful application designed to control and automate the migration process, while reducing the risks often associated with software upgrades.
- Launching an advanced plug-and-play data analysis tool, Xuber Analytics, to provide commercial insurers with deeper insight into their businesses.
- Extending Xuber Support+ and Xuber Optimize software support services.
“We feel well-positioned in the U.S., with the Everest Re implementation underway and the discussions we’re having with other prospects who are looking to replace their core legacy systems,” adds Isaly. “Customers are attracted to the highly configurable and flexible features of Xuber's single data platform solution, as well as well our deep understanding of the U.S. market and global support capabilities.”
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- 2019 Global Insurance Accelerator Cohort Reflects Evolution of InsurTech
- Nearly 50% of US Insurers Are Enhancing Security Capabilities Across the Board, Says Novarica
- Xchange Benefits Acquires the Assets of J. Allan Hall & Associates, Inc.
- HazardHub Celebrates 2018
- Slice Launch Studio
- Crawford Technologies Experiences its Strongest Year of Sales and Growth
- InsureTech Company Accurence Secures Fourth Patent
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE