Xuber Secures 20 New Contracts in 2015
Staff Writer | September 30, 2015
Xchanging, the business technology and services provider, today announces positive results from the company’s strategy to strengthen and expand its insurance software division, Xuber, via the acquisitions of Total Objects and the businesses acquired from Agencyport in 2014.
In 2015, Xuber has secured 20 new contract wins with new and existing customers, in addition to growing existing business. The amalgamation of the three businesses substantially increases the breadth of Xuber’s insurance software capabilities whilst bringing the benefits of Xchanging’s global scale and expertise to the acquired companies. Further, the union has created a talent pool that is unrivalled in the specialty insurance marketplace.
Xuber’s vision is to be a catalyst for change by being a trusted, world class leader with the broadest portfolio of products across the broking and insurance value chain, empowering the digital company and ultimately being a catalyst for change for clients.
“This year we have been focused on forging a unified team, driving the integration of Total Objects and Agencyport, and delivering a richer portfolio to our clients,” says Chris Baker, executive director of Xuber. “Following the acquisitions, Xuber has seen strong results with significant commitments from existing clients.
Ariel Re selected Xuber for Reinsurers as its strategic platform, and Emergence and Latitude Brokers chose the GLOBAL software. These contracts provide tangible evidence of the breadth and depth of Xuber’s offering across the insurance value chain.
Ariel Re recently appointed Xuber to provide the Xuber for Reinsurers solution suite for the company’s Lloyd’s and Bermuda businesses. The six-year contract will see the roll-out of Xuber Policy, Xuber Claims, Xuber Billing and Xuber Ceding, a single end-to-end solution with the complete functionality to support Ariel Re’s current business and future growth.
The deployment of Xuber across this international business will enhance the workflow. In a world where the exploitation of data is becoming essential, the Xuber single data model across policy, claims, billing and ceding, will ensure that Ariel Re has a bird’s eye view of its data—critical for the digital insurer of the future and enabling more informed business decisions.
Meanwhile other new contracts secured by Total Objects span the globe, from Australia and Asia, to the UK and North America, further demonstrating the company’s ability to deliver world-leading software products and services to international brokers, agents and underwriters.
Among the new wins are: Latitude Brokers and Emergence Insurance Group.
Latitude is a specialist broker in the shipping, offshore, and supply chain industries. The company wanted a robust and technologically advanced infrastructure to manage clients, premiums, claims, IBA, and compliance around an integrated system. Latitude went live with a fully implemented GLOBAL XB system in six weeks, and manual migration was completed in one weekend by an on-site Total Objects team.
“We had a short timeframe for implementation and Total Objects was able to deliver that from both London and during time in Hong Kong,” says Andrew Brooker, director of Latitude. “We had everything in place within two weeks, which enabled the whole process from order to ‘go-live’ to go through in just six weeks.”
Emergence is a new specialist Australian underwriting agency focusing on emerging risks and, backed by Steadfast and Hollard Group, has implemented Total Objects’ GLOBAL XII and GLOBAL XB systems to help facilitate the launch of its new Cyber Insurance product into the Australian market. Emergence worked in close collaboration with Xchanging Australia and Total Objects to deliver the project, which involved defining and building a fully automated quote and bind product.
“We looked for an IT provider partner who could provide an end-to-end solution with the end user in mind,” says Troy Filipcevic, Emergence’s director. “We needed a provider with a strong global footprint, who keeps pace with technological change and understands insurance, not just technology. We also needed a partner who could support our growth.”
- ITA Pro Magazine May/June 2019
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Zywave Expands Commercial Content Offering in Flagship Product
- Insurance Technologies Partners with Fiduciary Exchange, LLC (FIDx) to Deliver Seamless Annuity Illustration and e-Application Capabilities in the Envestnet Insurance Exchange Platform
- Equisoft Acquires Grendel Recognized for its Premier Wealth Management CRM Platform
- Distribution Connectivity Options for Insurers Proliferating and Improving, Says Novarica
- Noblr, the New Car Insurance Company, Launches in Colorado
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. Named OEM of the Year at 2019 TU Auto Awards
- Leading Roadside and Transportation Networks Partner to Transform the Breakdown Experience for Consumers
- Insurers Leveraging Emerging Tech, Analytics, Third-Party Data in Loss Control, Says Novarica
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE