icare Implements OnBase for Digital Information Management
Staff Writer | July 31, 2017
icare, the New South Wales’ government’s insurance and care provider, has selected and implemented OnBase by Hyland, an enterprise information platform, hosted in the Hyland Cloud. icare will use OnBase to support its enterprise vision of digital information management, initiating the project in its largest division, which delivers insurance and care services to customers of the NSW workers compensation scheme.
icare is one the largest insurers in Australia with $33 billion in assets and more than 3.4 million customers. icare is a new public financial corporation undertaking business transformation from a previously adversarial process to a contemporary business, delivering a world-class service experience to employers, injured workers, and motorists—focused on quality of life outcomes, not process.
Through this transformation, icare is creating a business model based on previously fragmented systems to one powered by a common platform, providing an integrated view of the customer and service delivery. To enable this goal, icare sought a technology to provide a single view of the customer information and optimize business processes.
“Hyland was a natural fit for icare. They show impressive insurance and health industry experience and have provided sound advice on how we can optimize OnBase within our business environment and successfully integrate it with our insurance lifecycle management software, Guidewire. We’ve enjoyed a successful partnership where they’ve met our deadlines, enabling us to meet our program milestones,” says John Nagle, icare group executive, workers insurance.
“The OnBase product provides an end-to-end records management and secure storage solution to manage our customer correspondence, policies and billing – linking them to claims and care delivery, as well as enabling secure access of information from the cloud,” says Nagle. “Their solution provides a fully integrated platform which gives our underwriters and billing staff a birds-eye view of the data they need to support employers and ultimately respond to injured workers in a timely manner.”
icare completed phase one of its OnBase implementation in its workers’ compensation policy processes in April 2017. It has selected workers’ compensation claims processes for phase two, implementing Guidewire ClaimCenter and OnBase simultaneously.
“Utilizing the OnBase Ready for Guidewire accelerators for Guidewire InsuranceSuite, icare staff gain instant access to important information—improving decision-making for its workers’ compensation policies and claims and eliminating the need to search multiple applications, file shares or paper records,” says Ruth Fisk, global director of insurance at Hyland. “We’re looking forward to working with icare to connect information throughout the enterprise and deliver the best service possible to their customers, resulting in getting the injured employee back to work as quickly as possible.”
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. Expands FireLight® Environment to Offer Field Partners an Easy and Systematic Wizard-Type e-Application and Submission Experience
- McGohan Brabender Selects TechCanary Agency Management System and CanaryServices to Modernize Employee Benefits Support
- Legal & General announce new partnership with technology partner Slice Labs to roll out ‘on-demand’ homeshare insurance
- Columbian Financial Group Selects Equisoft For Multi-Year Modernization Project
- BTIS announces availability of Workers’ Comp on Appulate platform
- GuideOne Insurance Selects Roost® Property Telematics Solution
- Mutual Assurance Society of Virginia Automates Data Migration with ITS
- Erie Insurance Partners with Roost® For Home Telematics Pilot
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
For the past several years, a significant number of individuals and new-breed companies have emphatically stated that independent agents and brokers... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views