Everybody Loves Gelato
Marty Ellingsworth | August 09, 2021
I start this blog on a hot summer day waiting for another grandchild to be born. Reflecting on one career and anticipating the careers that the next generation may have ahead. They all involve gelato (data science).
Apropos to the transition of the old to the new and what’s next, I recalled a conversation I had recently with the CEO of a data science insurtech who said, “Every claim deserves better than the old way of working.”
Profound and provocative. And true. Same for every link in the insurance value chain.
This blog takes a tack for the future of the industry and as well many of our careers -- one where “literacy” in data, AI, and tele-everything is the only way forward.
Top leadership is investing heavily in analytic literacy to get ahead of competition and widen the gap to make modernization a moat. But as fast as they move today, customers are moving even faster. They have computers in their pockets, data in their edge sensors, and cloud accounts of their own.
If you're on LinkedIn, you can’t have missed all the new postings at the largest insurers for everything data, AI, and cloud – especially new top executive roles. Same for all the top integrators, consulting firms, data players, software companies, cloud vendors, and OEMs. New top executives are like gelato flavors of the month – digital, data, analytics, AI, omni, cyber – the ones that deliver delight get added to every menu.
Nothing satisfies customers more than delightful and expectation-busting experiences. Whether a claim, a purchase, advice on flavors and choices, variety of serving sizes and cone or cup options, we want our gelato Apple intuitive, Amazon easy, Facebook friendly, Google fast, and with a Netflix recommendation for what we want next. FAANG is our competition, standard setter, and exemplar when it comes to what great gelato tastes like.
The metaphor (“Data Science is Gelato”) spawned the gelato blog trilogy that spanned how data, AI, and cloud were changing the insurance industry and now every industry. The series covered: how data science and actuarial science do and don’t look alike; how to fix what is broken around delivering more value with data, AI, and cloud with product thinking versus project-ism; and, how the entirety of the connected-anything world is demanding more of everything, especially a smooth digital experience.
Across the last year of those blogs and up to now this year, I have embarked on a continual refresh of what it means for me to be analytically literate. It’s feels like a full-time job by itself.
I have stayed in touch with many of you as I researched and authored reports on connectedness, personalization, customer-centricity, geospatial analytics, observable location data, telematics/mobility, new data, all things cloud, becoming product-minded, working remotely, accepting the new next normal now with “virus weather”, working from anywhere, and thinking about ethics when thinking about data, AI, and serving customers.
We jointly described what we saw customers now demanding: better experiences; quicker, more available, and convenient processes (robots please); clearer digital transactional transparency with trust; and, more value for their loyalty. It has been an exciting year.
And what a year it has been.
Billions in discounts, billions in buyouts, billions in capital raised. SPACs and M&A and full scale "aqui-hire" (acquisitions of companies with their staff to build capabilities). Big companies are buying little companies. Big companies are buying big companies. Some to grab the customers. Some as talent acquisition. Some as additional channels. Ecosystems and embedding insurance schemes seek to scale channels farther, wider, deeper, and with the simplicity of an API call. Many customers now expect a technology first option.
The biggest theme of the year of the pandemic is that value-seeking customers are bringing fresh expectations on what a leading technology company should do for them.
Insurtechs of all kinds are helping incumbents meet customer needs with a speed to market like never before, while some insurtechs are becoming insurers themselves to grow faster. Some bring filed models as advisory service organizations, while others just bring data, new data, or new ways of working with data. Some tech companies are dipping into insurance as are more than a few OEMs of vehicles and appliances, goods, and services.
Almost everyone is raising unicorn money or pre-unicorn mega-rounds. The merger of titans in telematics is stirring competitive forces to buy telematics companies, build more scores, ingest more data, and operationalize price-to-risk segmentation for each customer.
Insurers of every size are finding their total addressable market directly tied to digital offerings and personalized pricing. For customers that only want that, it is a binary shopping moment – they only want a product that considers their better data and they expect a better risk-based price with modern digital services.
Like in the gelato photo above, delivering value is not black and white (chocolate or vanilla), but loving gelato means customers only want data science capable insurance solutions because only those can deliver the modern digital experiences they crave. Old-fashioned insurance (regular ice cream) simply will not do. Only gelato (AI plus people) slakes their hunger.
Contextualized risk-based pricing should create value for everyone. Increasingly, that value is being driven by better data – both new features from old data sources as well as entirely new streaming data for continuous observational data. Add new features, streaming, and continuous to your literacy to do list.
Streams of data are fused into continual risk-assessment, behavioral feedback, and ‘right pricing’. Continuous observation permits slicing risk into smaller than six, or twelve, month time periods. It creates more engagement for in-the-moment risk management, safety, prevention, and as needed, claim detection, reporting, management, mitigation, adjudication, resolution, and recovery. Data from each step can be valuable to every step.
Pay attention to the word "value," because I did not say price.
All that risk-based pricing innovation has finally found the audience that strategists have been predicting for a decade or more. It may have taken a pandemic for the ultimate nudge – “you drove zero last month and paid the same as before.” This is a doozy of a cognitive dissonant shopper regret. For many it is a regret with decades of loyalty remorse on top.
Matching risk to price creates value for customers and companies alike. But only data, AI, and cloud literate companies can capture the full value of contextualized engagement with their customers, agents, employees, and vendors. Blending AI and people creates value.
Not blending AI and people destroys value. It can be a death spiral – you can’t win back a "right-priced" customer on price. And if you don’t invest in modern experiences built on data, AI, and cloud, you cut yourself off from that ever-growing market – it’s a lose-lose proposition. Laggard companies are disappearing if small and withering if large.
In the best case, laggard executives acknowledge they are out of touch with their customers and vow to adopt and adapt newer value-adding products, prices, and services. But that takes precious time. Getting data and AI literate is required to reduce the learning curve.
Speed to market and timely introduction of more value to customers is essential, now more than ever. Price is a big issue, but “right price” is the bigger strategic imperative. Then comes digital clarity, where ease of doing business matters most when prices are similar.
Smarter and faster-acting companies have seized this opportunity to provide the same or better product with greater value by using observational data to track actual usage and behavior. Creating customer-centric channel capabilities then lets companies act on preference-based personalization of services – especially digital self-service. Data science makes serving customers easier, like a point-and-order instant-pay gelato delivery robot.
Data science is gelato and every modern experience loves it.
Omnichannel means listening to, and engaging with, customers however they like. "Omni-" is another literacy “to do” term. It takes a data- and AI-literate organization to let a variety of links in the insurance value chain collaborate. And of course, that means literacy at the top, because company culture won’t adapt without the permission and promotion to do so.
No line of business is escaping accelerated digital expectations where data, AI, and cloud play a part in delivering outsized customer and corporate value and new ways of working.
It appears in commercial lines and personal lines -- and in property, auto, and other coverage as well. Foot traffic relates to sales and proximity. Mileage relates risk directly. Occupancy relates to active monitoring and mitigation of perils in cars and on premises. Connected sensors of all sorts can pass data, scores, and feedback to all parties concerned. End-to-end processes are now occurring as self-service, robot-service, and a hybrid of self/robot/people services.
For example, a miles-based or behavior-based telematics program can use smart phones, smart tags, and/or smart cars streaming data instead of classical rating programs which are blindered from facts on where and when driving is happening, exist on vague presumptions on who is driving, and assume a one-size-fits-all broad prediction on how much they drive.
During COVID-19 so far, companies have learned that they can move from poor and harsh assumptions of risk to refined and accurate continuous monitoring and scoring of risks.
This last year has taught us that personalization in pricing is the opposite of a one-size-fits-all gold-plated offering. Designing for an apex customer and making everyone else pay to that standard is like only offering vanilla ice cream. It does not have a future.
We are exiting the historical flat-term-rate-for-a-bloated-product era. This will vacate a situation where the singular product offering would be the best product for the wealthiest households, yet not a very good product for many households. A persona is not a person.
Customers are learning they can use their own data to understand and price their own risk. Then they can shop for a better fitting insurer. With embedded insurance, maybe just a taste of risk transfer is all they need. Shopping is easier than ever. Perhaps soon, an on-phone, in-cloud, continuous shopper synthetic reality avatar will do the scooping for them?
- Your Insurtech Investment: Making the Most of the Software You Already Have
- Electronic Chat with Sanjeev Kumar Chaudhry, Founder and CEO, Gigaforce
- Electronic Chat with Sylvester Mathis, Chief Insurance Officer, Insurity
- Inside the ITA: Meet the Board
- Digital Drip: New Lease on Life
- Transformation Corner: Core System Transformation
- Big Fix: Closing the Data Divide
- Tech, Processes, and a Plan
- Core Systems: Out with the Old?
- 5 Things to Consider When Modernizing a Surety System
- Four Benefits of Integrating Mobile Crash Detection and Accident Management
- Everybody Loves Gelato
- Electronic Chat with Jennifer Smith, VP of L&A Product Strategy, Sapiens North America
- Now Accepting Nominations for "Pick of the Litter" Issue
- “New Normal” Requires an Insurance Analytics Evolution
- Accuracy: Are Data Providers Pulling the Wool Over Your Eyes?
- Agents Send More Business to Insurers with Better Tech, Celent Finds
- Electronic Chat with B2Z Insurance
- Still Standing, Still Learning, and Still at Home
- ITA Pro Magazine, May/June 2021
- Electronic Chat with Chris Ewing, Founder and CEO, One Inc
- Electronic Chat with Sharmila Ray, Head of Carrier Strategy, Solutions and Go-To-Market, Vertafore
- Electronic Chat with Alex Devoto, Founder, LVLFi
- Prince Charles, Lloyd's Launch Sustainability Insurance Task Force
- UFCIC Becomes First U.S. Insurer to Accept Cryptocurrency for Premium Payments
- Electronic Chat with Ty Harris, Co-Founder, Openly Insurance
- The Insurance Industry’s Reliance on Friction: A Good Strategy?
- Loss Control, Premium Audit Systems Critical to Customer Experience, Celent Finds
- What's AI-Right and AI-Wrong?
- The Drive for Digital
- Electronic Chat with Candice Smith, Founder and CEO, Caregiven
- Electronic Chat with Nestor Hugo Solari, Founder/CEO, Sigo
- The Giant Hole in Actuarial Models
- Electronic Chat with Trent Cooksley, COO and Co-Founder, Cowbell Cyber
- The ITA Pro March/April 2021 issue is here!
- Purchasing and Innovation: Friends or Enemies?
- COVID Drives More Reliance on Risk Management Systems, New Study Finds
- Electronic Chat with Robert Clark, CEO, Cloverleaf Analytics
- Solving Customer Communications Challenges with Hybrid Mail
- Six Trends Shaping Digital Insurance Tech Strategies in 2021
- Billing a Key Component of Customer Service, Celent Finds
- Why Data Science Fails
- Electronic Chat with Andrew Jernigan, CEO, and Allen Koski, President and Chief Innovation Officer, Insured Nomads
- Electronic Chat with Allison Martin, CEO and Founder, UDoTest
- Are Carriers Ready for the Coming Crash?
- Electronic Chat with Christopher Moore, Director for North American Sales Engineering and Solutions, Trifacta
- Next Insurance Partners with Amazon Business Prime to Provide Small Businesses with Affordable Digital Insurance Options
- An AI Walks Into an Electronics Store...
- InsurTech NY Announces Global Early-Stage Competition Winners
- World’s Worst County/Western Insurtech Song
- Electronic Chat with Anne-Laure Klein, COO, Akur8
- COVID-19 One Year Later: The Digital Transformation of Insurance
- Electronic Chat with Michael Kassing, CEO/CVO, insured.io
- BrokerTech Ventures Announces 2021 Cohort Class for Accelerator
- An Entirely Preventable Disaster
- Flipping the Fraud Triangle
- The January/February ITA Pro Magazine is here!
- Credit Risk, ESG, Cybersecurity Top Risk Concerns for Financial Institutions, Deloitte Finds
- Electronic Chat with Ellen Moser, Senior Client Executive, Origami Risk LLC
- The Answer to “So What?”
- Leaders Rise from a Year Like No Other!
- Electronic Chat with Jonathan Roomer, Co-Founder, YuLife
- Getting Creative to Hit COVID Curveballs Out of the Park
- Electronic Chat with Eugenio Gonzalez, Plug and Play
- New Report Projects Global Insurtech to Grow by $21 Billion During 2020-2024
- The 2020 Virtual Event Wasteland
- Insurtechs, Investors Optimistic About Post-COVID Future, New DIA/McKinsey Study Finds
- Finding Grandmas
- No Code / Low Code: The New “Shortest Route” In Insurance Delivery
- Are You Addicted to Copy-and-Paste?
- Electronic Chat with Nino Tarantino, CEO- Americas, Insurance and Mobility Solutions (IMS)
- Driving Life Insurance:Tech Alone Won’t Solve Business Problems
- Electronic Chat with Robin Roberson, Managing Director, North America, Claim Central Consolidated
- How Do You Make It Happen?
- Electronic Chat with Jason Liu, CEO, Zywave
- New Partnership Models Take Program Business to the Next Level
- New Study Finds Less than Half of Consumers Trust Insurers to Respond to Their Needs
- Electronic Chat with Andrew Mauritzen, CFO and Head of Insurance Industry, Exactuals
- You Want Us To Do WHAT For Free?
- Electronic Chat with Evgeny Aleksandrov, Co-founder and CEO, Pilotbird
- Electronic Chat with Chris Cheatham, CEO, RiskGenius
- New MIT Sloan Study Finds Few Companies Gain Big Benefits from AI
- The September/October ITA Pro magazine is here!
- “Being Right” is Just the Start of the Battle
- Electronic Chat with Amit Ranjan, Executive VP and CAO, Xceedance
- Planning for Your Business and Tech Future: Strategies, Plans and Budgets for Rapid Transformation
- Electronic Chat with Jimmy Padia, Founder and CEO, Floatbot
- Gelato with Dots and Sprinkles
- COVID-19 and the Insurtech “Junk Drawer”
- Even “Change” is Different Now. Your Strategic Planning Needs to Be Too.
- The Road Ahead for P&C Insurers: How to Understand Customers Better and Navigate the Post-COVID Insurance Market
- Electronic Chat with Jake Tamarkin, Co-founder and CEO, Everyday Life
- Strategic Planning in the “New Normal” Digital Era of Insurance – Your Next Move
- Insurer Tech Investment Priorities See Major Shift in a Post-COVID World
- Plug and Play Selects 25 Insurtech Startups for Winter Batches
- Digital Transformation – A Top Strategic Priority and New Reality
- Four Steps to Successful Migration of Insurance CCM Applications
- COVID-19 Accelerates Insurance Digitalization to Meet Customer Demand: World InsurTech Report 2020
- Electronic Chat with Greg Williams, Co-Founder, President & CEO, Acrisure
- Electronic Chat with Matt Perlman, Partner, IA Capital Group
- Insurer Digitalization: Are you a Competitor or a Laggard?
- Leaders are Leading and Creating the Future of Insurance Distribution
- 3 Things You Need to Know About No-Code
- Electronic Chat with Adam Kiefer, CEO, Talage
- Underwriting in 3D: Using Data to Adapt and Improve Life Insurance Sales
- Getting Past the "Gelato Syndrome"
- Insurers Know CX/UX is Important, but Don't Agree on Execution, Study Finds
- Electronic Chat with Steve Lekas, Branch Insurance
- How AI Can Attract Millennial Talent to the Insurance Industry
- Preventing Data Breaches
- A New Boom for Life Insurance: Shifting Away from the 250-Year-Old Policy Transaction
- Electronic Chat with Ty Harris, Founder and CEO, Openly
- A Digital Wildfire Creates a Burning Platform for Digital Insurance Business Transformation
- Digitalization, COVID-19 Spurring More IT Investment in Cybersecurity
- Electronic Chat with Michael DeGusta, CEO, ClarionDoor
- U.S. Consumers Significantly Underestimate Flood Risk, New Survey Finds
- The Future of Insurance: Opportunities in Ecosystems
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum, CEO, Input 1
- Majesco to be Acquired by Thoma Bravo
- The Evolving Role of Managing General Agencies
- Electronic Chat with Char Hu
- Electronic Chat with Allan L. Egbert, Jr.
- Electronic Chat with Christopher Tramontano and Zbigniew Gawienczuk
- Data Science is Gelato
- Insurance Innovation: Alive and Kicking
- Independent Agents Divided on Digital Experience, New Survey Finds
- Electronic Chat with Michael Jones
- Electronic Chat with Paul VanderMarck
- As Auto Insurance Premiums Shrink, Insurers Need Mobility Ecosystem, New Study Finds
- Property & Casualty Insurers Raise Digital Games as COVID-19 Elevates Customer Expectations, J.D. Power Finds
- Electronic Chat with Bobbie Shrivastav
- Meet the Board: Marissa Buckley
- Big Data and Insurtech: A Carrier Perspective
- Traditional Insurers Need Open Ecosystems, Partnerships to Remain Competitive, CapGemini Report Finds
- Electronic Chat with John C. Siegman
- 4 Ways AI is Empowering Insurers During COVID-19
- 6 Big Changes to Insurance from the COVID-19 Crisis
- Electronic Chat with Christopher Ewing
- Independent Agency Staff Morale High During COVID-19, New Survey Finds
- Electronic Chat with Brad Epker
- Tapping AI to Improve Policyholder Experience
- Electronic Chat with Manisha Bhargava
- ITA Pro Magazine, March/April 2020
- COVID-19 a Game Changer for Workers’ Comp
- Electronic Chat with Steve Comer
- COVID-19 Pandemic Forces Cancellation of ITA LIVE 2020
- Leveraging Digital Resources in the Time of COVID-19
- Electronic Chat with Robert Hartwig on COVID-19 and Insurance
- Celent Study: Most Small Businesses Still Unclear on Importance of Cyber Insurance
- The January/February 2020 ITA Pro is here!
- Deloitte: New C-Suite Roles Mean More Opportunities for Women
- Electronic Chat with Pankaj Parashar
- Electronic Chat with Tara Kelly
- Electronic Chat with Chuck Wilson
- ITA, InsNerds Collaborate to Enhance ITA LIVE 2020 Content and Coverage
- How SMBs Can Compete in Digital Ecosystems in the 2020s
- 4 Ways Insurance Can Prepare for New Data Privacy Laws
- Brewer Lane Ventures Launches and Hires Insurtech Vet Martha Notaras as Managing Partner
- 2020 GIA Cohort Launches on January 14
- The November/December 2019 ITA Pro is here!
- Electronic Chat with Joshua Snead
- Electronic Chat with Wendy Aarons-Corman
- Simplifying the Move to a Third-party Print Provider
- Take a Business-Driven Approach to Continuous Improvement for Core Systems and Processes
- Electronic Chat with Ron Glozman
- Guidewire’s Data Guru Mike Byam on How Insurers are Using Internal and Third-Party Data
- Electronic Chat with Russ Bostick
- Electronic Chat with Rock Schindler
- Electronic Chat with John Siegman
- Electronic Chat with Martin Burlingame
- Insurtech Landscape 2019: Top 5 Takeaways
- Grinnell Mutual Tackles Massive Transformation -- in Stride
- A Candid Conversation with Paul Mang
- SageSure Insurance Managers Improved Competitiveness by Consolidating Payments to a Single Digital Platform
- Digital Does Matter in Insurance-- And Insurers are Missing the Mark
- The 22nd-Century Insurer: Taking a Cloud-First IT Approach
- The September/October 2019 issue of ITA PRO magazine is now available in digital format here:
- ITA Pro Magazine May/June 2019
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Synergy Between Insurers' IT and Analytics Teams Key to Operationalizing Insights, Says Novarica
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Arturo Hires New General Counsel
- Zurich NA Adds Chisel AI for Underwriting
- Insurity Acquires AuSuM Systems
- Method Insurance to Streamline Underwriting with Origami Risk
- BrokerTech Ventures Launches BTV LATAM Partnership, Adds UNICO Group as Broker Partner
- Roost Rolls Out White-Label Home Security Solution
- Norway’s Gjensidige Pensjonsforsikring Selects Sapiens Digital Solution
- Insurium Names Insurtech Veteran Jeremy Williams CEO
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2020
ITA LIVE 2020 –SAVE THE DATE!
April 5th – 7th, 2020
The Diplomat Resort
Become a member today to receive updates – www.itapro.org/MR
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Successful implementation requires balancing operational and emotional issues... READ MORE
- Vendor Views